Pages

I've created this blog a few years back to keep track of my online life, the things happening in online games and my social networks.

These days you'll find my cocktail recepies here, poker news, my online poker tails, big boats, bad beats and brags about my life as a low stakes cash grinder and tournament player.

I blog about poker strategy on the EU Poker League's website - eupokerleague.eu. Head over tto the site and check it out! Great community, great players and great poker!

16 April 2011

888poker PR Manager comments on the recent poker news

Now that was one exiting night!

In case you've missed it, the F.B.I. and District Attorney seized several domains of major poker sites in the US. The companies in questions have been charged with multiple offences including money laundering, racketeering and breaking US laws.

All them news are rather disturbing. I feel sorry for my poker friends withing the US for basically being locked out of online poker from one day to the other. It's also said that sites like Full Tilt are already declining withdraw requests which leads to non US based players being a little scared too. The run for the banks has begun and a lot of players are uncomfortable keeping their money in their accounts on the affected poker sites.

Shortly after the news cracked 888poker PR Manager Jen published this blog on my888poker.com. 888poker.com has been known to be very strict to operate within their legal boundaries, here an extract of Jen's blog:


As intense as this action may be for the online poker world, the actions taken are actually very positive for the online poker industry future and growth. 888poker prides itself as maintaining a socially responsible gaming software that protects its players and thier accounts with legal and fair operations and depositing methods. We do not and have not operated in the USA since the submission of UIGEA in 2006 and are in no way associated with the indictment that just occurred.

Read Jen's full blog at my888poker.com

Though PokerStars already made an announcement that it will be "business as usual" for their customers outside the US, the recent events certainly damaged their image to be the largest and best poker site in the world. Maybe it's time to re-orientate yourself finding a new grind??

No comments: